SWFWMD Issues Emergency Water Conservation Rules
On May 9, 2012 the Southwest Florida Water Management District issued an emergency Modified Phase II Severe Water Shortage Order for the Tampa Bay Area. The order specifies that:
- Lawn and landscape watering is limited to one day a week
- Watering is prohibited between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Fountains may only operate four hours per day
- All observed violations will result in a fine of $193
- Car washing is limited to once per week and only on the designated watering day for your location
- Pressure washing is allowed once a year or for necessary purposes
- Restaurants shall only serve water upon request
Individual cities and counties may have more stringent rules, and may levy fines against violators. Check with your local utility for more information.
For more detailed information about the rules, and to find your authorized landscape watering day, visit the link below:
Additional Contact Information